I have over 20 years experience working as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist, in Education and Training in private practice both in the UK and Ireland.
My working background has also been in pastoral care and business for many years.
My therapeutic orientation is primarily psychodynamic. Psychodynamic Counselling originates from psychoanalysis.
My Psychotherapy practice is also enhanced by the theories and works of Winnicott, Klein, Bowlby, Rayner, Kohut, Michael Jacobs, Wallin, and many other analytic writers.
Current Neuroscience Research and Trauma Therapy Theories are integrated into my practice; these include Bessel Van Der Kolk, Dan Siegel, Babette Rothschild, and others.
Psychodynamic practice uses the therapeutic relationship to gain insight into the unconscious relationship patterns that evolved since childhood.
There may be times when I use other approaches such as Integrative Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy and Mindfulness.
I also offer Supervision to individuals, groups, organisations and communities.
Skype, Zoom and Telephone are also available.
Professional Affiliations and Associations
- Accredited Psychotherapist with the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP)
- Accredited Supervisor with the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP)
- Senior Accredited Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- United Kingdom Registered Independent Counsellor (UKRC)
- Masters Degree Psychodynamic Counselling – University of Leicester 2001
- Post Graduate Diploma Humanities in Holistic Development 1994
- BA Degree Philosophy and Theology 1993
- Diploma Theology and Spirituality 1989
- Certificate Developmental Group Work 1986
- Continuous Professional Development – I continue my ongoing professional development through Conferences, Workshops, Seminars, Supervision, Reflection and Personal Research.